Thursday, February 9, 2012

in my head.

i tend to let my thoughts overtake my mind most the time. like today, i was cleaning trays at work and all i had in my head was a random eighties song from a one hit christian wonder. then i have to shake myself out of it. most the time it's crazy thoughts that don't make sense. the ones you wonder about how they even got started to begin with. i am so lost about how i haven't written a book yet. (which is totally on my bucket list. soon.) my whole life i have wanted to write a children's book. every time i went to the bookstore i would immediately head for the children's section. when i was in elementary school i would pick books based on their illustrations. which totally makes a difference, don't you think? and i was always right about them. when i was a preschool teacher my favorite part of the day was storytime. i loved making the different voices and hearing the kids laugh. (seriously, if you have kids, you need, need, NEED to get skippyjon jones) now that i am older and more mature, HA!, i desire to put my thoughts down on paper. i feel like they are all wanting to burst out of me. i just haven't had the right outlet for them yet.
 
i always feel that urge to write after i've read something great. or those cult books where they have a large following and you think, why couldn't i have a dream about a man sparkling in the sun? why couldn't i have thought about a simple story like that and make millions? (twilight fan right here, don't get me wrong) i just have that desire to write a book. and i will accomplish that dream. i'm sure of it.

a mind lively and at ease, can do with seeing nothing, and can see nothing that does not answer. -jane austen.

No comments:

Post a Comment